We love what we do at Little Green Pig, and hope you will too.
Here’s what you can gain through volunteering with us:
- training and experience in working with children and young people in education and the arts
- fun, laughter and new experiences
- new skills and ways into writing
- work experience and a future reference
- development for long term volunteers
- new friends and creative contacts
- regular social events and get-togethers
- a lot of gratitude, appreciation and feeling part of a community.
‘It was so much fun. I didn’t know what to expect. I went in and you had all the kids playing these crazy roles that they would never have been doing in any other circumstance, and they were really getting into it… I thought it was super awesome.’
Fin, volunteer actor in our City Life soap opera
‘I’m a children’s writer. I got involved because I was interested in learning more about doing workshops…it’s been brilliant so far, and I’d like to be involved for a lot longer.’
Nikki, story mentor
‘Before and after every workshop session during the Soap Opera Project, volunteers at Little Green Pig were invited to fill out a Wellbeing Survey.
Filling this survey out meant I had a chance to reflect on how volunteering has positively affected my mental health and the way I see myself.
This project demonstrates that Little Green Pig cares about their volunteers and their personal wellbeing. It’s further made me understand just how appreciated we all are here!
Natalie, story mentor
Want to find out more? Contact us to be told about our next information session.