You have an important role volunteering at Little Green Pig. Here’s what we expect from you:
- A DBS check – you will need to undergo a DBS check.
- References – we ask for two personal reference from friends or colleagues who have known you two years or more
- Age limit – you must be 16 to be a story mentor or volunteer illustrator, or 18 to do any other role with us.
- Minimum commitment – we ask you to commit to volunteering with us for a minimum of six months, and to do six shifts within that period. These can be in different volunteer roles.
- Commitment to safeguarding children – you will be trained on the importance of and methods for safeguarding children and we expect you to adhere to our child protection policy
- Self-organisation – you need to manage email communication, signing up for volunteer shifts and be punctual and reliable. Please note, currently we are specifically recruiting volunteers who are free on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during the school day.
- It’s about the young writers – our main focus is encouraging children to write. Your own literary interests are valuable, but remember that it’s about the children’s imaginations and their need for support.
- Volunteer ideas and feedback – stay in touch, come along to our meetings and social events and let us know your ideas.